Home Care Worker
Altair are looking for Home Care Workers to join our team in Devon and Cornwall. If you share our passion to make a difference to people's lives by providing them with support to live independently in their own homes, within their communities, we would love to hear from you.
Hours: Full-time or Part-time
About the Role:
You will be required to help support people in carrying out activities of daily living, including:
- providing personal care - washing, dressing,
- assistance to access the community
- continence care/toileting
- medication management
- carrying out light domestic duties
- assisting with meal preparation
- providing companionship
- providing emotional support
- You must have a caring, friendly, adaptable personality and a genuine desire to work with people - to make a difference by providing day-to-day support to enable them to live independently.
- No experience necessary; full training will be provided.
- You will need to have a full UK driving licence with use of a car, as the role requires travelling between customers' homes.
However, you will need to have the following attributes:
- A caring, patient and compassionate nature, with the ability to show empathy for others.
- Understanding of geriatric health, mobility issues and nursing best practices
- Problem-solving and efficient decision making, especially in emergency situations
- Strong verbal communication skills, including active listening, to determine client needs and deliver progress reports
- Organisation, multi-tasking and scheduling
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship management, conflict management and willingness to accept constructive feedback
- Basic numeracy and literacy
- Strong navigation and driving skills
- Competent domestic skills, including cooking and cleaning
Annual leave (up to 28 days, pro rata)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £11.50-£14.00 per hour