Job Description: Community Mental Health Support Worker
Altair Healthcare are looking for Community Mental Health Support Workers to join our team in Devon and Cornwall. If you share our passion to make a difference to people's lives by providing them with support to live independently in their own homes, within their communities, we would love to hear from you.
About the Role:
Experience of working with people with mental health problems or learning disabilities is desirable, but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Supporting people with mental health problems to live independently within their own homes and communities.
- Supporting them to perform activities of daily living in accordance with their support plan.
- Work with service users in a way that promotes recovery, independence and social inclusion.
- Ensuring service users' safety in accordance with their risk assessments, including physical security and safeguarding issues.
- Record-keeping - ensuring that all relevant information is recorded, is accurate and up to date.
- Awareness of safeguarding issues and understanding of the process for raising safeguarding concerns.
- Upholding service users' confidentiality, understanding the data protection legislation (GDPR) policy and the information sharing process.
- Where required/necessary, working collaboratively with other agencies to maximise service users' outcomes.
You must have a kind, caring, and friendly personality with a genuine desire to work with people - to make a difference by providing day-to-day support to enable them to live independently.
No experience necessary; full training will be provided.
You will need to have a caring, patient and compassionate nature, with the ability to show empathy for others.
You will need good communication and interpersonal skills to engage effectively with service users, their families and other professionals.
You must be willing to engage in relevant training for role and for professional development.
You will need to have a full UK driving licence with use of a car, as the role requires travelling between customers' homes.
Annual leave (up to 28 days, pro rata)
Weekly payroll with excellent pay rates
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: £12.00-£14.00 per hour